Subject: Re: Does esp(4) work on -current?
To: None <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/2001 21:20:40
In article <200107201109.f6KB91a06876@saruman.ics.muni.cz>
jdolecek@netbsd.org writes:

> Hi,
> I'm writing driver for card similar to one supported by esp driver
> and I'm having some problems with the code. I wonder if the driver
> is working at all on -current for known-to-be-supported cards. Is
> anyone using esp(4)-supported SCSI adapter with -current?

What card are you trying? MCA version? ;-)

I think esp(4) is working on sparc (sbus) and sun3x (obio).
pcscp(4), which is also based on MI ncr53c9x, is working fine.
If you mean ISA or PCMCIA ones, I'm afraid few people has tried them.

IIRC, esp_isa.c use pseudo-DMA for transfer. When I started to
write the pcscp(4) with pseudo-DMA, I had to modify DMA_GO()
glue function like mac68k/obio/esp.c.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp