Subject: Re: bad144, take two
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/17/2001 14:43:17
In message <200107171719.f6HHJoM24868@ginger.cmf.nrl.navy.mil>, you write:

-> I've always felt this was a HUGE mistake on the i386 port; it's not
-> consistant with anything else and always causes a ton of confusion to
-> new users.  I'm not sure what the right thing to do _is_, though.

Unfortunately, it's got enough history behind it that it's hard to expunge
now... I recall this (and bad144 stuff) being the two biggest hassles when
I installed NetBSD (or 386BSD) on my first x86 BSD box.

-> Since this has apparantly been broken since the beginning of the NetBSD
-> epoch, I'm not really worried about maintaining compatibility with
-> it.

I think this is a pretty sensible thing to do give the state of bad144
support.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net