Subject: Re: XFree 4.1 and wheel-mice
To: Martin Husemann <>
From: Bill Squier <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/2001 12:44:48
On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 06:39:31PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Did anyone manage to get a wheel mouse working with a server from xsrc/xfree?
> It worked for me on an xfree/xc based server and I know
> and
> but I did not get it to work for XFree 4.1. ZAxisMapping is not accepted and
> the XFree documentation didn't point out anything - or I missed it.

Works for me with xf-current:

XFree86 Version / X Window System

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "wsmouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/wsmouse"
        Option      "Buttons" "7"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Bill Squier (

        I know I don't deserve another chance, but this _is_ America,
        and as an American, aren't I entitled to one?  --Sideshow Bob.