Subject: Re: Why not track our xsrc with X11R6.6 from X.org?
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
List: current-users
Date: 07/15/2001 11:51:08
> It is sad to see how little new hardware support has been contributed to
> X11R6.6 though.....  There's nothing newer than cgeight and TCX from Sun
> for example, and of course Xdec, well, it's in the dark ages.  Sigh.

I think the reason that why NetBSD use XFree86 4 instead of X11R6.6 is
new hardware supporting. XFree86 object on x86 hardware supporting so
we can use more newer VGA cards on our PCs. But I think since XFree86
drive from X11R6.X, it should be ported their VGA drivers back to
X11R6.X easily. And I feel recently XFree86 release sources seems to
blow up a little. And for me who use the old-old VGA card, the new features
adding is more important than hardware supporting. So I prefer to use
X11R6.6 than XFree86 4.X. Just my little view. :)