Subject: Re: LFSv2 on the trunk
To: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/2001 16:49:58
On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 03:44:33PM -0700, Konrad Schroder wrote:

 > NFS service never quite seems to make it to the top of my to do list,
 > although I think it should at least sort-of work.  I'll try to look at it
 > more closely after I get VOP_PUTPAGES working.

For me, NFS service for LFS is pretty important -- I can't really use
it otherwise.

FWIW, I really honestly think we should get LFS into a state where it's
a "sellable" feature -- i.e. a file system thst really distinguishes us
from other systems.  Snapshot support, "instant up after crash" (e.g.
background fsck), etc.

BTW, it'd be nice if the cleaner were a kthread :-)

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>