Subject: Re: nfs tuninng with raid
To: Jared D . McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2001 10:04:20
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Jared D . McNeill wrote:

> 1280Kbytes/sec is a bit over 1 Mbyte/sec.
> 100Mbits/sec is a bit over 12 Mbytes/sec.

Oups, my fault!

> Seems like there's room for a lot more data... considering even my lowest=
 end
> 10Mbit ethernet cards can do over 900Kbytes/sec..

This seems very strange... I've got better speeds with dirt cheap
RealTeks... Not tried with several clients at the same time though.

Is the problem located to more than one client accessing the server at the
same time? What speeds can you get with ONE client?

--=20
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se