Subject: Re: BIND for secondary zone dumps core.
To: None <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Lars-Johan Liman <liman@autonomica.se>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2001 08:50:55
greywolf@starwolf.com:
> Man, the timezone difference is just killing the communication, here :-)

Sometimes it works to your advantage, sometimes not. :-)

> Yep, I recompiled and all is well.

OK.

> I need to construct a patch to the makefile for named to insure that
> optimisation is disabled.

That's the wrong approach. You need to send-pr the compiler. What
makes you sure this bug isn't going to hit anything else in the source
tree?

> I'm just curious, not trying to cause a problem with this, but if
> this has been a known issue with BIND vs. the compiler, why in the
> world hasn't the Makefile for it already been patched to force -O0?
> I mean, does nobody else out there do secondary zone transfers?

Mark, are you still listening? Do you know if the GCC people have a
fix for the problem, and is there documentation about when this bug
stings?

				Cheers,
				  /Liman