Subject: Re: mouse weirdness
To: None <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/2001 00:38:21
>Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:51:31 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
>
>You know, considering that you only map 3 buttons there, I'm surprised
>that the ZAxisMapping doesn't fail.

You're right, but it Just Works.  I think when I set up the
scrollwheel I just looked at some FAQ which said "All you need to do
is add the line 'ZAxisMapping 4 5' and it works."  That's true, but
"man XF86Config" does say that scroll button mappings should be
counted in Buttons. So I've changed it to "Buttons 5" to be more
pedantically correct.

>It should also be
>	ZAxisMapping	"4 5"
>IIRC.

The XFree86 4.x docs show it with quotes, but the 3.x docs show it
without quotes.  I'm using 3.x from xsrc, and it works, so I'll just
leave that alone for now.

Cheers,
entropy