Subject: Re: Ensoniq Audio PCI
To: Paulo A. P. Pires <pappires@coppe.ufrj.br>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2001 13:45:25
On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 07:38:56AM -0300, Paulo A. P. Pires wrote:
> > > A big "me too", and I also have an AudioPCI (Creative Labs SB64 PCI,
> > > ES1370).
>
> I can have the board play for hours and hours as well, provided I never
> close the device to open it again later.  I had to modify my MIDI (with
> Timidity) and audio file players to keep the device open for the duration
> of the entire session.

Is this the same kind of board?

eap0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI (rev. 0x01)
eap0: interrupting at irq 10
audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent

I have no problems with it (under NetBSD 1.5R).  I have used mpg123 and
realplayer 8 for hours and hours, starting and stopping the programs and
it Just Works.

I just wish I could play from several sources simultaneously (like realaudio
and mpg123 :-)  Maybe I should install another audio card and mix the output
signals..

  -jm