Subject: Re: i386 laptop failing to resume after suspend
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/2001 09:16:59
On 2 Jul 2001, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
> "Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org> writes:
>
> > I know this worked before, but lately my machine will never wake up from
> > suspend properly. I can hear it powering up, the hard disk LED lights up,
> > and the display never powers on. The machine is locked at this point.
>
> I get this on my Compaq Armada 700, but only if X is active on screen
> when I suspend the machine.  If I change to a text console, I can
> suspend and resume properly.  At least there's a workaround...  :-)

My Armada 1598 fails to resume on occasion with -current. Fortunately, it
manages to dump a usable core which savecore(8) restores on reboot. On the
couple of occasions where I've gone in with gdb, ISTR seeing soft
interrupt code in the trace...

Next time it crashes, I'll get more details and send-pr.

Cheers, Steve