Subject: cpuflags
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@formula1.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/2001 23:56:01
	I've put together a trivial package to allow target cpu
	flags for gcc to be automatically set (eg: -march=pentiumpro,
	-mcpu=supersparc, -march=armv3m -mtune=strongarm).

	I've set it up for the machines lying around the house :),
	but it would be of great help if people could run it on
	other machines to fill in some blanks.

	If you're willing to help you can either install it from
	pkgsrc (devel/cpuflags), or download it directly from:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/devel/cpuflags/files/cpuflags.NetBSD

	By default it just outputs what it believes to be the best
	options to stdout, so you can run it and if it has any
	problems paste the output into a mail message along with
	your cpu model.

	In order to use it when compiling pkgsrc or a NetBSD source
	tree you need to alter /etc/mk.conf (but that is all in
	the manpage :)

	It has been tested on NetBSD 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and RedHat 5.0
	and 6.1, and on i386, sparc, and arm. Feedback particularly
	welcomed from Solaris and of course any NetBSD port :)

--
		David/absolute          abs@formula1.com