Subject: Re: -CURRENT memory management fault - core dumps
To: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@tampabay.rr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/2001 10:32:54
Caffeinate The World wrote:

> i untarred a netbsd/alpha snapshot from 5/16 from ftp.netbsd.org. i
> think that was 1.5s or 1.5v. my kernel is built from source supped last
> night. then i did those steps listed in my prior posting. so i have
> some bin from 1.5s/v, kernel and some lib and bin from current.

Apologies - I went back and noticed you did say you had a 1.5W kernel.

I've done a "cvs checkout -D 20010616-UTC src" and that bombs when libc.so
is installed.  So I've scrubbed that and I have done a checkout on
20010601-UTC and that has installed an apparently working libc.so.12.76
so once I've got a compiled world (barring other glitches for that day)
I'll try and reduce my ignorance of "cvs" and try an update for successive
days until libc goes boom when installed.  BTW I note I'm at 1.5V rather
than 1.5W FWIW.  I've forgotten the day we switched from V to W.  -- Ken