Subject: Re: -CURRENT memory management fault - core dumps
To: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@tampabay.rr.com>
From: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2001 11:05:58
--- Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I checked and on the alpha I consistently bomb after the
> new shared libc is installed (on three different flavors of alphas).
> Something seems to have broken a month or so ago - I regret I was not
> building more frequently and could have seem the failure point.  My
> last working build was circa May 26th I think.
>
> I'm able to run a current kernel and an older rev libc.so but as soon
> as the new libc is installed, blam, SEGV's galore.

i don't think it's libc. i thought that at first too. see my earlier
outlined upgrade where i'm using the new libc and friends, but stop
short of 'make build' cause something else isn't right. something
installing in /usr/libdata/lint.

if you could follow that same set of instructions and then NOT 'make
build at the end, you'll still have a functioning system with partially
new libs, etc.