Subject: Re: -CURRENT memory management fault - core dumps
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
From: Ken Wellsch <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2001 14:01:01
gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> You've got me curious. I'm doing a cvs update now and I'll try a
> make build later today on my AMD Athlon. (I'm already in the act of
> doing one on macppc, though that'll probably be completely
> unrelated... oh, especially as its -r netbsd-1-5, ne'mind.)

Generally I don't encounter glitches with the i386 port.  Oh the
occasional granularity issue with the cvs and/or sup window when
I get a half updated change that breaks 'til the next update occurs.

Yesterday I checked and on the alpha I consistently bomb after the
new shared libc is installed (on three different flavors of alphas).
Something seems to have broken a month or so ago - I regret I was not
building more frequently and could have seem the failure point.  My
last working build was circa May 26th I think.

I'm able to run a current kernel and an older rev but as soon
as the new libc is installed, blam, SEGV's galore.

Maybe an alignment problem on 64 bit with the elf changes, but I am
not qualified to say and having not seen the transition from working
to failure on a given day, can't guess what file(s) are involved to
help me guess any better...

-- Ken