Subject: Re: -CURRENT memory management fault - core dumps
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2001 10:54:36
--- gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> wrote:
> but the idea of unarchiving basic OS libraries and such over a live
> and active filesystem always spooks me out a bit.

that's why i set aside double the amount of hours i think i need :)

> There has been some 64-bit mucking lately, has there not?

i am not subscribed to the list. always forget to read my email and
things pile up. :(

> > i've not tested it out on the i386. speaking of which, how (if
> > possible) do i build a release for the i386 on the Alpha? i think
> I don't know about the specifics of doing a cross build for i386 on
> alpha, but you might want to have a look at:
>   http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/cross/
> if you haven't already.

just looked at it. i think i'll wait 'til a rainny day when the gf
isn't complaining "we should do something."

> You've got me curious. I'm doing a cvs update now and I'll try a
> make build later today on my AMD Athlon. (I'm already in the act of
> doing one on macppc, though that'll probably be completely
> unrelated... oh, especially as its -r netbsd-1-5, ne'mind.)

would be interesting to see reports of 32-bit systems using this week's sup.