Subject: Re: Caller-ID Modems
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D. <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2001 00:31:44
On 27 Jun 2001 17:16:42 -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > The modem responds to 'AT+VCID=1' with 'OK', yet when someone calls it
> > only says 'RING' for every ring and I don't get any CID information.
>
> Maybe that feature's not enabled in your firmware.  Do you have the
> manual and is that how they document enabling CID?

I downloaded what I think _might_ be the windows driver for the card,
and in the .inf (and an included cirrus.txt) the +VCID=n command is
documented. I figured the modem would return ERROR if +VCID=n wasn't
supported.

> > Btw, the modem reports itself as ISA PnP Id "AEI1240", "ISA PnP 56K X2
> > Fax Modem" when in ISA PnP mode, but I have it jumpered in Legacy ISA
> > mode.
>
> You don't seem to say exactly what kind of modem it is, but I'll bet
> you're S.O.L.  :-(

That's because I don't exactly know what kind of modem it is ;p I
searched for its PnP Id and went from there. It was given to me "I just
upgraded my 33.6 to a 56k, so you can have this" and it ended up being a
56k. I'll upgrade to the latest firmware and see if that helps anything.

Jared