Subject: Linux emulation IPv6 testers wanted
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2001 00:34:02
Hi,
I've made patch to properly support Linux AF_INET6 under emulation.
The problem there is that protocol family number of AF_INET6 is
different on Linux than NetBSD, so the sockaddr passed to/from
syscalls has to be adjusted accordingly.

I've tested the change with IPv4 (opera, netscape). The IPv6 case
was tested only with very simple test program, I don't have
IPv6 setup for common use nor have any Linux applications capable
of IPv6.

Is here anyone using any Linux software capable of IPv6, and willing
to check the change for me? E.g. Linux JDK 1.4 would be good, or
even Linux Mozilla (I assume Mozilla supports IPv6 under Linux).

Thanks,

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!