Subject: Re: Make Build Saga, Episode gmt2local.c
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/2001 22:16:15
--- Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com> wrote:
> Caffeinate The World wrote:
>
> > Thank you Simon for the diff to fix tcpdump. Got pass that hurdle.
> > Again, I'm trying to "make world" on NetBSD/Alpha 1.5W kernel with
> 1.5S
> > userland.
> >
> > Here is another one:
>
> Still tcpdump related :-)

> > nroff -Tascii -mandoc mld6query.8 > mld6query.cat8
> > dependall ===> usr.sbin/ndp
> > make: don't know how to make gmt2local.c. Stop
>
> Try a "make cleandir" in usr.sbin/ndp. gmt2local.c moved with the
> latest
> tcpdump, so an old .depend file will be pointing to the wrong place.

did that, got a different but similar error:

# make
cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wno-uninitialized -Werror
   -DINET6 -I. -I/usr/src/usr.sbin/ndp/../tcpdump -nostdinc -idirafter
/data/build-2001062/usr/in
clude -c ndp.c
ndp.c:118: gmt2local.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
---

i also re-make and installed:
/usr/src/usr.sbin/tcpdump

but that didn't help. found that header file in /usr/src/dist/tcpdump/.
could have changed ndp.c to point to said header in /usr...tcpdump/ but
that's not right is it?