Subject: Re: SCSI failures with -current kernel
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Dan Debertin <airboss@nodewarrior.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/2001 11:12:54
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

[panic message after disabling tagged queueing]

> Hum, I can't explain this. Did the kernel print scsi-related messages before
> this ?

Yeah; it paniced immediately after that. It didn't show tagged queueing,
so I can assume that it was disabled, but somewhere we inadvertently
triggered something else....

It appears, just from watching the mailing list, that disabling tagged
queueing seems to help everyone else. The machine in question is a
SPARCclassic ... I don't know if there's any difference between that
bus-wise and the 5's and 10's that others seem to have.

Dan

--
Dan Debertin
airboss@nodewarrior.org