Subject: Re: PPP over Ethernet integrated into -current
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/24/2001 01:24:09
> What I need the most, in fact, is the ip-down script, since my ADSL
> provider shuts up my connection every 24h....

I have the same problem here ;-)

Note, however, you do not need anything to have the connection reestablished.
I have a cron job fetching mails every five minutes, and it will (after the
24 hour timeout and connection drop by my ISP) reestablish the connection
on next run. Any other traffic (i.e. named queries) will establish them
as well.

All this works without ip-up/ip-down scripts. I only need the ip-down
script for some tunnel configuration (very specific for my needs) and to
restart ntpd, as it doesn't seem to cope well with changing IPs.

Sorry, no timeframe for finalizing this work.

Martin