Subject: Re: Has 'top' format changed?
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/2001 04:40:36
According to the man page...

STATE is  the  current  state (one  of "START", "RUN", "STOP", "ZOMB", "DEAD",
or "CPU")

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE   SIZE   RES STATE      TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
 4216 root       2    0    48K  320K nfsd       0:48  0.00%  0.00% nfsd

So, nfsd would be the wait channel? If that is so then fair enough. I
can't say I like it though.

Regards
Nigel

       or wait channel if the state is SLEEP