Subject: Re: pkg/13250: INN pkg unuseable as installed
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2001 05:01:18
gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> typed:
: I have a feeling that something is broken about how our package
: is building INN's dbz utilities, but I'm a little unclear on where
: to start looking.

When I've had problems I haven't run makedbz and haven't needed to -
the hash files have rebuilt themselves automatically with makehistory,
but maybe that's my config somehow using tradspool.  After the last
upgrade I've had to do something like the following:

% makehistory -O
% find /news -print0 | xargs -0 chown news.news
  # or equivalent with appropriate news spool/overview path/s

Presumably you've set up the minimum config files in /var/news/etc
  storage.conf    # must change or nearly everything will barf
  readers.conf    # change if you want to read news
  inn.conf        # basic customisations

What sort of news system are you looking to set up?

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>
Rxvt Stuff : <gcw@rxvt.org>