Subject: No PowerPC FPU back-end in gcc ?
To: NetBSD-current <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/2001 18:41:59
Today, since pmap is fixed with PPC, I tried to build a new kernel, and
got this error

> cc  -O2 -pipe -Werror -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes
>-Wno-uninitialized -Wno-main -msoft-float -I. -I../../../../arch
>-I../../../.. -nostdinc -DLKM -DDIAGNOSTIC -DTRAP_PANICWAIT
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:30: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `mtfsf'
> {standard input}:50: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `mffs'
> *** Error code 1

Aha, I read something about FPU in the notices Mr Cron mails me every
night for sup(1)

So, I think egcs needs an update, and tried to rebuild it. OK.
But Kernel fpu still fails. And, btw, libc fails with the same error
(Unrecognized opcode: `mffs')

Any clue ?

Xavier HUMBERT  -  Systemes et Reseaux     |
INJEP                                      |