Subject: Re: pcmcia insertion/removal hooks
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Tero Kivinen <kivinen@ssh.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2001 00:02:22
Brett Lymn writes:
> According to Tero Kivinen:
> >
> >I would really like them to make to the standard NetBSD as I have been
> >so used to them, that I cannot live without them, and every time I
> >update to new kernel, I need to do those few line patches to get them
> >working again...
> >
> Possibly, the kernel event stuff that Luke Mewburn is working porting
> may do what you want along with a load of other things which may be
> why your changes have not been integrated.  Just guessing.

The changes are about 10 lines to the cardbus and pcmcia generic code
plus kernel loadable module to do the rest...

> >Other possibility would be to change the apm scripts to do know about
> >the wlan cards and try to reconfigure them when I resume the
> >machine...
> I do this with my wavelan, works fine.

I think this might be better solution, but I dont like duplicating the
existing functionality to multiple places, so I propably just put the
apm scripts to run /etc/cardwatch/net suspend and /etc/cardwatch/net
resume which will do the same thing than attach and detach...
--
kivinen@ssh.fi                               Work : +358 303 9870
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/