Subject: Re: lfs and union fs
To: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/2001 18:45:38
On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 10:10:10AM -0400, Joseph Sarkes wrote:
> A month or two back I found out that lfs is still under
> construction for the ubc changeover. Is lfs working now?
> Speedwise it is much better for me for doing a build.

I'm getting close to done with the infrastructure changes
needed to UBCify LFS.  once those are in then I'll look
at actually converting LFS (since the usual LFS maintainers
don't have any time for it).

> I also recall various problems in the further past with
> the union filesystem. Is union filesystem stable enough
> now to have a read only source tree?
>
> If only under certain conditions, what are they? I remember
> being able to blow it up (union fs) by some method that I
> don't recall at this particular moment.

I don't know of any unionfs problems at this point.
if you try it and have problems, please send-pr.

-Chuck