Subject: Re: lfs and union fs
To: Jim Bernard <jbernard@mines.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/2001 14:28:00
On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Jim Bernard wrote:
>   I've been doing builds this way for about 6 years.  It works very well.
> There has recently been breakage if the lower layer is on NFS but with FFS
> it works fine.  It's possible that that problem has been fixed---I haven't
> tried it lately.

The bug with a NFS lower layer was fixed about two months ago... unionfs
is working fine now :) (Well, as well as it ever did, which is pretty
good, although I still get occasional "panic: insmntque into dying
filesystem" panics when rebooting--PR 9167)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++