Subject: Daily cronjob systematicaly freezes the machine (mac G4/1.5V)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Samuel.Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/2001 10:47:39
Hi,

I have a strange problem with my nearly current NetBSD (1.5V) running on a
G4 powermacintosh. The daily cronjob starts at 3h15 am and a few minutes
after, while in a 'find' command I think, the machine completely freezes
(if on console : NO keyboard input, if using X : the nouse doesn't move
at all and no keyboard input too)
I have tried to let the machine working for several hours this nightm but
this morning at 10:15 am, the nachine was still blocked! so i've a NetBSD
machine that I am to reboot more often than windows machines :-((

Here is my /etc/daily.conf (haven't touch it since install)

find_core=YES
expire_news=NO
purge_accounting=YES
run_msgs=YES
run_calendar=YES
check_uucp=YES
check_disks=YES
check_mailq=YES
check_network=YES
run_fsck=NO
run_rdist=YES
run_security=YES
run_skeyaudit=YES

I hope someone have a clue about it !
Perhaps the daily cronjob is not faulty but...

Thanks inadvance,

--
Samuel.