Subject: Re: latest make in -current broken?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/2001 09:41:46
On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
> > Hmm.  I suspect that teaching brk_string() about backslash
> > quoting would be the right thing to fix :O and :u
>
> Actually, I've taken a different approach altogether.

What I meant was: The fact that :O and :u are broken in the face of
whitespace that's quoted with backslash will probably bite somebody
else (probably somebody who also uses :Q), so fixing the brk_string()
function to make it understand backslash quoting would probably be a
good idea.

> So, now I simply append the name of the vars to .MAKEOVERRIDES
> and in ExportMAKEFLAGS use ${.MAKEOVERRIDES:O:u:@v@$v=${$v:Q}@}

That looks correct to me.

--apb (Alan Barrett)