Subject: problem with 1.5W : system freezes with 'make' and kernel panic
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Samuel.Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/2001 18:13:16
Hi.

I have a powermac G4. (concerned by the new pmap)
Using a 1.5W kernel with 1.5V userland is strange !

each time I do some 'make' ('make update' in pkgsrc/audio/xmms or
'make obj' in /usr/src (to update userland)) everything freezes after a
few seconds.
once, at boot time I got this kernel panic :

	panic: pool_put: pmap_pl: page header missing
	Stopped in pid 7 (reaper) at cpu_Debbuger...

... have no idea what to do from here... wait for some time until
changes are made to pmap ? (BTW: what is it ?) but the freezes may not
come from this new pmap ? indeed I had them before too but more
occasionaly and now I have them each time I use 'make'.

Thank you for help !

--
Samuel.