Subject: Re: Multiprocessor with NetBSD ?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/2001 11:10:55
On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 10:35:49AM -0700, Greywolf wrote:

 > Of course, you realise that all I was trying to say was that if we were
 > to fall back and punt out of SMP, that's not a favourable move.

Except that there would be no reason to do so, except on hardware which
is not capable of SMP, but are capable of MP (e.g. NUMA architecture).
Obviously, some changes would be required to make NUMA work in any sane
fashion, but it could be mostly hidden with decent processor affinity,
page coloring, and machine-dependent abstractions.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>