Subject: Re: Multiprocessor with NetBSD ?
To: mike stone <bsdusr@yawp.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2001 18:09:58
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, mike stone wrote:

# there are lots of interesting problems to be solved at that level.   and
# while there may be some geekish cachet in being able to say your OS runs
# on a 64-CPU Sparc box that one person in two million can afford, i
# personally think an OS that can turn 2500 machines of varying age and
# architecture into a RAIC that presents a uniform, single-system
# appearance
# from any machine in the network would be *darned* useful.

True.

This notwithstanding, if we *don't* attempt SMP, I think we're going to
get completely buried.  I'm intent on picking up a dual-proc or quad-proc
box at some point, and I'd like to be able to use BSD -- NetBSD,
specifically -- once I do.

I'd rather not have to run Linux just to do SMP, and FreeBSD doesn't
exactly appeal to me at this juncture.

# mike
# .

				--*greywolf;