Subject: Re: Compiling Xfree 4 fails
To: Samuel.Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <xmimic@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/2001 21:10:23
        Hi Samuel,

"Samuel.Hornus" <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org> writes:

> In /usr/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/include/compile.h,
> [...]
> Perhaps one of you know what's wrong here ?

From a commit comment by Thomas Klausner on the file you quote:
----------------------------
revision 1.4
date: 2001/04/15 23:21:06;  author: wiz;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -1
Make most parts of the xsrc tree compile on macppc.
XXX: Need some way to access pci bus, like libalpha for alpha;
Xserver build fails with:
../os-support/libxf86_os.a(ppcPci.o): In function 'motoppcPciInit':
ppcPci.o(.text+0x84): undefined reference to ppcPciIoMap

So, it looks like newer XF4 servers fail to compile on macppc's right
now. Please have a look at http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/x11.html
which seems to be pointing to a former working version.

When reporting such things, you should provide as much information as
possible (here, among other things: ``I'm running on a recent powerpc
apple computer''). I think you should switch from current-users to
port-macppc if you answer.

see you,
 Aymeric