Subject: Re: 'pagedaemon: deadlock detected!' while configuring Coda
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/2001 20:26:05
Brett Lymn writes:
>I am using a much older version of the Coda server (5.3.5) on a 1.5V
>system (circa May 27) and that seems to work ok.  Note my Coda install
>is not as large as yours.  There are still some problems with Coda
>since the integration of UVM.  Chuq is aware of the problems and we
>are working on trying to fix them (Chuq's doing the work, I am just
>doing what I can... which doesn't amount to much).  You may want to
>try a later kernel to see if that helps any.

Good to know it's being worked on.  I was able to get it configured--
the deadlock did not occur the second time around, though there was
a uvm_fault panic starting up the server for the first time.  It
seemed to work after it was up and running.

I've upgraded to a 1.5W kernel from today's source and am redoing
everything now.  So far so good, it configured and started without
incident.

:: Mike ::