Subject: Re: IPFilter licence update
To: Darren Reed <>
From: Jason DiCioccio <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/2001 12:40:54
Darren Reed wrote:

>The licence is intended to mean that people can use (which includes modify
>or patch or tune, as seen fit) IPFilter as found within FreeBSD/NetBSD for
>whatever purpose they desire - so long as the conditions (due credit and the
>notice) are met.
So, out of curiosity, does this mean that only the slightly modified
derivatives of IPFilter found in FreeBSD
and NetBSD may be modified?   Or am I reading this wrong?  If not, are
you just changing the
interpretation of the license?  Or are you effectively granting
permission for modification as stated in your

Thanks in advance,

Jason DiCioccio - - PGP Key @