Subject: HEADS UP: new bzip2/libbz2 ("make cleandir" required)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/2001 23:51:49
Folks,

I've upgraded bzip2/libbz2 to version 1.0.1.  Unfortunately the
programming API changed completely from the old version we were using.
In a nutshell, all the library routines have grown a BZ2_ prefix.
For example, instead of using bzCompressInit, you'd now need to use
BZ2_bzCompressInit().  Look at /usr/share/doc/html/bzip2/manual_3.html
with your favorite broswer for more info.

Also, the new sources use a reachover Makefile mechanism, with the
sources located under dist/bzip2.  This means that any .depend
files in lib/libbz2 or usr.bin/bzip2* will need to be removed (use
"make cleandir") before your next build.

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/