Subject: Re: Multiprocessor with NetBSD ?
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/2001 03:04:30
Jason, just to be accurate, does NetBSD/alpha have a sufficiently
re-entrant kernel that it can run simultaneously on all processors,
as required? Do we do interrupt processing on all processors?

So far as I can tell, no one in the open-source OS world has SMP
going yet. Some have a form of MP working, and are being very loose
with the term "Symmetric Multiprocessing" in the furtherance of their
marketing...

As we are clean, clear, and accurate in our code, so should we be in
our pronouncements to the world at large. We should always seek to
enlighten, rather than confuse.

	Erik <fair@clock.org>