Subject: Re: library dependencies ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/2001 17:19:58
On Jun 2,  6:55pm, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Space Case wrote:
>> Does anyone have/know of a tool that can check the library dependencies of
>> executables, and flag those whose libraries are missing?
>
>Hope you know that you have to keep the old ELF minors, once mac68k
>switches to ELF...

Really?  Yuck.  There's already enough bloat in my /usr/lib dir.

>How about...?
>
>    for e in /usr/*/bin/*
>      do
>	ldd $e 2> /dev/null |
>	egrep -q "libcurses\.so\.((2\.5)|(3\.7))" &&
>	echo $e
>      done

OK.  I was thinking of something a little more general -- I have 22 libs
with an aggregate 36 old major versions.  While the core OS will be using
the newest versions, there will be stuff in /usr/pkg/bin and /usr/local/bin
that may be using the older ones.  I'd like to be able to stuff the old
major versions in a "old" directory, then sweep the system for executables
that now no longer can find their libs.

Thanks,
~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Love your enemies: they'll go crazy trying to figure out what you're up
to.