Subject: Re: pcmcia insertion/removal hooks
To: john heasley <>
From: Jared D. McNeill <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/2001 23:19:11
On Thu, 31 May 2001, john heasley wrote:
> is there a way to hook a script to insertion or removal of a pcmcia
> card ala apmd's resume/suspend scripts?  i need a way to put my
> wavelan card into adhoc mode and possibly kick dhclient when the
> card is inserted.  such hooks dont appear to exist, short of a
> frequent cron job.  freebsd's pccardd has this facility and it usually
> works. :)

For a rather crude (but working!) way of doing this, you might want to
check out a program I threw together called 'pcmciad'.

Mike Edwards contributed some configuration scripts for his wireless
card, and I made them available at the following URL:

If you have any problems, feel free to email me for help.

Hope this helps,