Subject: SDL troubles.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/2001 18:26:23
Trying to compile a piece of software (not something I wrote) which
wants to use SDL 1.1.6 or later (we have 1.2.0 in pkgsrc, which I'm
using), I get these compile errors:

FileHandler_SDL.cpp:329: #error FileSpecifier::CreateDirectory() not implemented for this platform
FileHandler_SDL.cpp:392: #error FileSpecifier::Exists() not implemented for this platform
FileHandler_SDL.cpp:410: #error FileSpecifier::GetDate() not implemented for this platform
FileHandler_SDL.cpp:560: #error FileSpecifier::GetLastPart() not implemented for this platform
FileHandler_SDL.cpp:575: #error FileSpecifier::AddPart() not implemented for this platform
FileHandler_SDL.cpp:599: #error FileSpecifier::SplitPath() not implemented for this platform
FileHandler_SDL.cpp:625: #error FileSpecifier::canonicalize_path() not implemented for this platform
FileHandler_SDL.cpp:657: #error FileSpecifier::ReadDirectory() not implemented for this platform

Anyone have a ballpark feel on how difficult fixing this (in SDL--the
error is pretty clearly there, not in the software I'm trying to
compile) is going to be?

I'm about to take a look at it (I'm not even sure what they're
trying to do that's so special that they don't know how to do it on
our basically POSIX-compliant system), but I wouldn't want to
replicate work someone else is alredy doing...

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net