Subject: Re: IPFilter license changes
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/2001 08:54:12
Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>  wrote:
> I'd kindly appreciate it if people like yourself stopped speaking out of
> turn, stirring up trouble, when there is no need, especially as matters
> are already being resolved.

Let me add my voice that I get a *very* uneasy feeling from this
license change and/or clarification.

Half the reason for me running an open OS is precisely so that I can
make changes on a whim.  The whole anon-cvs structure makes it fairly
easy to apply small patches here and there.  These recent license
changes appear to make it illegal to do such if the changes fall into
the ipf part of the tree.  If indeed this is the case then I will have
to seriously evaluate whether I am making a mistake in staying with
NetBSD, and if there should infact be a penguin in my future.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/