Subject: Re: Promise Ultra/100 support
To: None <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/2001 01:42:12
In message <>,
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>thanks to Chuck Silvers I now have a Promise Ultra/100. I've been able
>to fix the "bogus intr" messages which appears under certain
>conditions (appears to be a chip bug), and get it running at full
>speed (with help from the linux and freebsd drivers, and default BIOS
>values). It's now as fast as my HPT370 :)

Well, I guess the support is not in 1.5, but only in -current ?

Actually, it is not recognisez by the stock Install floppies :

> vendor 0x105a product 04d68 (miscellaneous mass stotage, interface 0x85,
> revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 4 function 0 not configured.

(The box is a Compaq Despro P166)

So, will I be able to install it with latest snapshot's boot.fs floppies ?

Xavier HUMBERT  -  Systemes et Reseaux     |
INJEP                                      |