Subject: How to maintain a local "distfiles" submirror ?
To: NetBSD-current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/26/2001 18:19:25
A first glance, it seems to be easy : just edit /etc/mk.conf, and put
your MASTER_SITE_WHATEVER=ftp://ftp.localserver.localdomain

At a second, there's a pain : one have to deal with $DIST_SUBDIR, or
'LOCAL_PORTS' added, apparently randomly to your local ftp path.

I read /usr/pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.mk, /etc/mk.conf, a few Makefiles, to no
avail.

Here, at home, I have an (expensive) ISDN connection, so I fetch daily
sups from work on a Zip, and disfiles as needed, but even when present,
the $DIST_SUBDIR problem makes my box connect to GNU's site or
columbia.edu or what else...

Any clue ?

Thanks,

--