Subject: Re: How to get a tty out of SLIP line discipline?
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2001 08:54:48
Hmm.  With all the talk of entering/exiting line disciplines, would
it make more sense to start working on being able to push them onto
a line as opposed to having them built into the kernel?

I know, I know, this smacks of SysV (and you know me), but the more I think
about it,the more that portion actually seems to make sense.  It will
definitely make more sense the more disciplines enter the picture.  Not that
this will happen anytime soon, but we've already got slip, ppp, tablet, kbd,
mouse, tty.  Seems a good candidate for demand-loading to me.

Comments?  Flames?  A good stiff Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster to knock
some sense (back) into me? :-)

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD. Not Guano.