Subject: Re: D-Link DGE-500T works.
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2001 07:40:41
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 06:55:52PM -0700, Andrew Gillham wrote:

 > I think I'm having a duplex problem though, as ttcp doesn't receive correctly.
 > Well, it receives at about 87Kbit/s which isn't right.

Interesting -- I've transmitted at 90Mb/s and received at 88Mb/s (as fast
as the `fxp' side could transmit) with the DP83820 connected to a CentreCOM
FS708 switch...

 > I have a cheap Addtron 10/100 switch that believes my NIC is connected at
 > 100/full.  The fxp I had in this box before pushed data fast, so I know the
 > switch works fine.
 >
 > Since the PHY isn't supported yet, I'm assuming this NIC is failing to do
 > NWay correctly, or the driver is assuming half-duplex, etc.

`ifconfig gsip0' -- what media is reported?

 > Anyway, the card was pretty cheap, though it is only a 32bit PCI card.
 > The SMC cards I ordered are 64bit and were only $98.95 each.  We'll see
 > how they work soon.  Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday I think.

The Asante card I tested was a 64-bit card, though only in a 32-bit slot.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>