Subject: Re: How to get a tty out of SLIP line discipline?
To: None <,>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/22/2001 14:21:58
	On Tue, 22 May 2001, Matthias Scheler wrote:

	> In article <>,
	> 	Olaf Seibert <> writes:
	> > I finally rebooted, but there must be a better way?
	> You could try ttyflags(8).

	That doesn't solve the problem of `sticky' line disciplines (which I also
	noticed recently while working on a pet line-discipline-(ab)using project).

	IMHO, the original poster is correct in that there should be a Better Way.

	If there are no objections (such as "but this is how it's *supposed* to
	work, and everyone else does it this way too") I'll commit a change in the
	next couple of days which will reset things to the default termios(4) line
	discipline on close(2).

I object.

What do you mean `reset things to the default termios(4) line
discipline on close(2)?'  What about devices that require a
specific line discipline, like the keyboard or mouse line
disciplines?  Those disciplines are permanent and should never
be removed.