Subject: Re: May 14 scsi changes: driver support needed?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2001 22:00:32
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 08:58:11PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:33:55PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Me:
> > > (this is on Amiga siop - NCR53C710.)
> > > Does the backend driver need to be changed for the changes to work?
> >
> > No, it shouln't. [...]
> >
> > Maybe and old bug in the driver which shows up now because something is
> > done a bit differently ?
>
> Possible.

notmuchprogress report: compiled amiga/dev/siop.c with -DDEBUG and run.

Apparently, the drive in question either likes to disconnect w/o save data
pointer first, and the code saves the data pointer (updates DMA chain) anyway.

I'm compiling a kernel with this quick and dirty changed right now.

Regards,
	-is