Subject: Re: May 14 scsi changes: driver support needed?
To: None <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2001 20:58:11
On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:33:55PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Me:
> > (this is on Amiga siop - NCR53C710.)
> > Does the backend driver need to be changed for the changes to work?
> No, it shouln't. [...]
> Maybe and old bug in the driver which shows up now because something is
> done a bit differently ?

> BTW, didn't you tell me that drsc was working on the thorpej_scsipi at one
> time ?

Yes, it works until dev/scsipi as of right before the may 14 change.
Guess I'll have to stare at diffs and try to find out why it worked before.

> I have some mail exange about debugging a problem (panic at probe
> time) but not the end of the story - I think you said me you found the
> problem.

Right. In one of the driver functions, some structure (pointer) was not
initialized to zero, furtheron assumed to be initialized already and used.

When we fixed this, it started to work again.