Subject: Re: May 14 scsi changes: driver support needed?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/18/2001 20:58:11
On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:33:55PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Me:
> > (this is on Amiga siop - NCR53C710.)
> > Does the backend driver need to be changed for the changes to work?
>
> No, it shouln't. [...]
>
> Maybe and old bug in the driver which shows up now because something is
> done a bit differently ?

Possible.

> BTW, didn't you tell me that drsc was working on the thorpej_scsipi at one
> time ?

Yes, it works until dev/scsipi as of right before the may 14 change.
Guess I'll have to stare at diffs and try to find out why it worked before.

> I have some mail exange about debugging a problem (panic at probe
> time) but not the end of the story - I think you said me you found the
> problem.

Right. In one of the driver functions, some structure (pointer) was not
initialized to zero, furtheron assumed to be initialized already and used.

When we fixed this, it started to work again.

Regards,
	-is