Subject: Re: Getting current install floppies
To: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/2001 23:53:05
| >If possible,Would you show messages of ahc0 and ahc1?
|
| Unfortunately, I cannot, because they zoom by on the screen, and then
| the system loops when probing the hard disk. Is there a way to stop
| the system mid-booting so I can see them and write them down for you?

Generally the easiest way is to boot with a serial console.
(Enter "consdev com0" at the boot loader prompt
to switch to com0)

Alternatively, you could set a breakpoint at the appropriate place (do
you have symbols?), like aha_attach(), or perhaps the attach function
for the next driver subsequent.

Just boot with -d to start in the kernel debugger, and then

     b aha_attach

and hit 'c' to continue when you land there.

If Manuel's kernel isn't built with symbols, you'll have
to get the address of aha_attach from him.

--jhawk