Subject: Re: Driver for National Semiconductor DP83820 Gigabit Ethernet
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/2001 19:38:15
On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 07:28:19PM -0700, Andrew Gillham wrote:

 > Do you have any kind of benchmark you can tease us with?  Like
 > ttcp, netio, ftp, whatever?

Unfortunately, not at Gig-E -- I have only been able to test to
far at 100base (my Gig-E switch only has fiber interfaces for
Gig-E).  However, I have done 87Mb/s with 100base, speaking with
an i82557 on the other end.  That is without any tuning (which
is some of the random stuff on my TODO list, along with checksum
offloading).

I will be getting a report from someone next week wrt. 1000base.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>