Subject: Driver for National Semiconductor DP83820 Gigabit Ethernet
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/2001 19:18:29
Folks...

I've committed a driver for the National Semiconductor DP83820
Gigabit Ethernet chip.  This chip is found on several low-cost
Gigabit Ethernet boards, including the NetGear GA-622 and the
Asante FriendlyNet GigaNIX boards.  These boards are apparently
in the $129US-$149US range.

gsip0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: NatSemi DP83820 Gigabit Ethernet
gsip0: interrupting at irq 9
gsip0: Ethernet address 00:50:fc:2c:b4:da
ukphy0 at gsip0 phy 1: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface
ukphy0: OUI 0x1000e8, model 0x0006, rev. 0
ukphy0: 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, 1000baseTX, 1000baseTX-FDX, auto

I haven't written a driver for the PHY yet, but you should still
be able to use the card in 100base and 1000base modes.  Note that
most of these boards also claim to support 10base, but I honestly
don't know how to make them speak 10base (they certainly won't
autonegotiate 10base).

There is still some tuning and other random things on my TODO list
for this driver, but it works well enough for people to use and beat
on.

If you have problems, please send a bug report w/ send-pr(1).

Shar and enjoy!

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>